As a general contractor, you know that word of mouth is one of the best ways to get new business. However, in today’s digital age, having a strong online presence is essential to stand out in a crowded market. That’s where SEO comes in. In this article, we’ll explore how SEO can help you attract more customers and grow your business.
Does SEO Work for General Contractors?
Yes, SEO can be incredibly effective for general contractors. When people are looking for a contractor to complete a renovation or construction project, they often turn to Google to find local businesses. By optimizing your website for keywords like “general contractor,” “home renovation,” and “construction services,” you can ensure that your business appears at the top of the search results when someone in your area needs your services.
In addition, SEO can help you attract more customers who are looking for specific services. By targeting keywords like “kitchen remodeling,” “bathroom renovation,” and “roof repair,” you can position your business as the go-to source for all construction needs in your area.
Technical SEO for General Contractors
To improve your general contracting business’s SEO, there are a few technical tasks you’ll need to undertake:
- Optimize for local search: Make sure your business is listed properly on Google My Business and other local directories, and that your name, address, and phone number (NAP) are consistent across all listings.
- Improve website speed and mobile responsiveness: Google rewards websites that load quickly and are easy to use on mobile devices. Make sure your website is optimized for speed and mobile-friendliness.
- Use structured data: Structured data helps Google understand what your website is about and can improve your search rankings. Make sure your website uses schema markup to provide information about your business, such as your address, hours, and services offered.
Content Strategy for General Contractors
In addition to technical optimization, you’ll need to develop a content strategy to improve your general contracting business’s SEO. Here are a few things you can do:
- Create a blog: Use your blog to share helpful tips and advice for homeowners, as well as news and updates about your business.
- Develop a portfolio: Showcase your work with a portfolio that includes before-and-after photos of your projects.
- Use long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are more specific and less competitive than broad keywords. By targeting long-tail keywords like “how to choose a general contractor” or “cost of kitchen remodeling,” you can attract more targeted traffic to your website.
Essentially, when people are searching on Google, they look for ANSWERS to their questions first. While the ultimate goal is to rank for “best contractors in your town,” if you can answer these questions that people are SEARCHING for, your business wins. It essentially can become an untapped goldmine.
However, you’ll still need a deep understanding of content structure, correct markup, the right keywords to target first, keyword silos, interlinking, backlinking, and more.
Conclusion: SEO For General Contractors WORKS
Ultimately, when people are searching for a general contractor, they’re looking for someone they can trust to do the job right. By building a strong online presence through SEO, you can position yourself as an expert in your field and attract more business.
At Galaxy Growth Media, we specialize in providing local SEO services for industries just like this. We’re a local SEO company based in The Woodlands, Texas that specializes in growing service-based businesses through organic traffic.